Monday, March 10, 2008

Webcomic, webcomic, webcomic.

Yay! My webcomic is finally starting up in earnest! (Sorry, it's not online yet, that's not what I meant.) What I meant was that the format has now been decided on, and I'm currently working on drawing it!
You see, I used to think that in order to draw a webcomic, I had to follow one of two forumlas: The first being the strip formula, that of a funny three or four panel gag, which sometimes follow a specific story about the main characters. The second and last, being the full page comic full of plot and interesting ideas and such, which goes on for a while, and then ends, it's plot and intrigue spent. But today, I suddenly realized, that there's another, completely untapped type of story, the Television Show story style: where you put your plots into little sections and stories that you call 'episodes' each separate from each other, excepting any continuous plots or ideas, and all with the same main characters.
Now, no one has ever tried doing a webcomic version of this, until now. But I really like the idea, so, here's hoping it'll work!

(Taylor has fled the building)

No comments: