Thursday, April 24, 2008

Efy

'The best week ever!' They said, and at first, the phrase annoyed me, as it seemed to be a tad too presumptuous, however, after the first day or so into Efy, I realized what they meant, and at the end, I wanted seconds.
For those who don't know, Efy (Especially For Youth) is a program for LDS (Mormon) teenage youth where you go to a College or University during the summer. They have different classes you can take where amazing teachers who are funny and inspiring teach you different Gospel concepts. Then there's various games, dances and other activities. Meh, it sounds rather boring when simplified like that.
I went to one in Tacoma Washington, at the University of Puget Sound last summer with my friend Colin, and we had a blast! We met all sorts of wonderful people, and not only had the best week ever, but the best counselor and group ever as well! Our group was called 'Lifted Up' as per their thing where you have to name your group using words from a scripture mastery verse. (Or, at least, I think it had to be from a scripture mastery verse, maybe it just had to be from any scripture verse.)I didn't particularly like the name at first, but once I'd grown fond of our group, the name didn't really seem to matter anymore. (^_^) Our counselor's name was Robbie, and he was a great guy; fun to be around, interesting, humble, and nice!
The classes were great, fascinating, and funny! The best teacher, however, was Bro. Rose; he had us all in stitches, and inspired us with some fascinating insights as well. After word had gotten around about his classes, they were constantly packed! Positive proof right there about how much everyone loved them!!
At the end I had grown to love the campus, the University of Puget Sound, their food, (Not to mention their cook, whom everyone called 'Big Momma')and especially the people I met and talked to. If anyone from my group is out there reading this, please, please, contact me! I so want to hear from you!
Anyway, it was great, and I just thought I'd mention it, especially being as it's getting close to Efy time again. (This time I'm going to one in Oregon, though. I can't remember which one.) I'll probably say more about where I'm going and when I'm going once it gets closer.
Please! Is anyone from our group out there? Email me!! Please?

(Taylor has fled the building)

No comments: